If you have an accountant interview coming up soon, make sure you watch this video from beginning to end. Not only will it provide you with a full list of the most common top 20 accountant interview questions, but it will also teach you how to answer the questions to gain the highest scores possible.
This video is suitable for those people who have an interview for a trainee accountant, senior accountant or staff accountant.
TOP 20 ACCOUNTANT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- Why do you want to be an accountant?
- Why do you want to work for our company as an accountant?
- What experience do you have that would be applicable to this accountant role?
- How do you handle the pressure?
- What do you expect to be doing on a day to day basis as an accountant?
- When have you worked with others to complete a difficult task?
- What are your strengths?
- What’s your biggest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
- What are the different types of business transactions in accounting?
- Which accounting platforms have you worked on?
- Give an example of when you have worked with a difficult client?
- What are the different types of financial statements?
- What is Working Capital?
- What’s the difference between deferred revenue and accounts receivable?
- What accounting software applications do you have experience in?
- How do you maintain accounting accuracy?
- What is the difference between a trial balance and a balance sheet?
- What is the difference between inactive and dormant accounts?
- What is deferred tax liability?